Monday, January 18, 2010

a crafty respite

I know, i know! I said i'd be posting about our favourite books. And i will. It's there, all ready to go. For today though, i wanted to give a lighter post, to equalise my rant on parenting. And, i wanted to share some crafting with you. How cute is this little kimono? Made from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing book, especially for baby Coco. A new bubba in the 'hood. All vintage fabric, except for the bias binding.
Usually i create patterns out myself, it's rather nice to have a lovely book like Weekend Sewing to go to when i am crafting for personal gifting, not to sell. (i sell only my own designs)

Look familiar? I posted about my fledgling adventures in hand needlework awhile back. Here. These are the latest tunic tops. One of the pieces i experimented with ended up on a tunic. Browns this time, to balance out the last lot's blast of vintage colour.

Late one night, in desperate need of crafting, i made this. Just like my Nana had. Denim, linen and wool with a organic cotton drawstring from an old pair of Jed's trousers. A needlecase. No more rummaging in an old tobacco tin for needles!



Et voila. A little crafting respite. There's been more behind the scenes. Another time.
Speaking of crafting, i just heard about Crafternoon Tea. A groovy new monthly craft market by all accounts. I intend to make it to the next one. Perhaps even peddle my wares?!

No comments:

Post a Comment