Wednesday, July 6, 2011

modelling and matariki



I had a few deadlines crashing down around my ears these last weeks. This has involved small people doing alot of, well child-led limited resourced projects, which luckily, Jed excels at. However, it is always good to have a plan in place: The latest work the small one does sitting next to me at my craft/work table is modelling. We came home from our local Steiner schools Matariki Day with some beeswax modelling clay. Such vibrant colours and am enjoying the ritual of warming it in your hands before beginning to shape the wax. And the smell....sigh. Forest Folk stock it.


And before anyone emails me about where to find that fantastic hippo placemat...it was mine when i was a kid. There's an elephant lurking around somewhere. What can i say? My mother the packrat!



We enjoyed making the Steiner school grounds our own...exploring the pond, the fields, gazing out on the bush that surrounds the school, and playing in the many little huts and houses that dot the land. Such a magical place that school.

1 comment:

  1. Love the sound of that beeswax modelling clay. I was just looking at different brands in a shop, coincidentally, & just got some old-fashioned plasticine (for Mira, who is 3), but the beeswax one sounds lovely. Must find some.

    ReplyDelete