Sunday, January 6, 2013

three things

    Photo credit: the very talented James Edward Bourne. JamesBournePhotography.com


I met an inspiring mama lately. We started chatting at a playground in town, we two amongst the many parents...and it turned out we are both homeschooling. Gabrielle is way further down the learning track than us and it has been a joy to find the forthnightly homeschooling play session she founded. The last time i saw her, she shared with me something she and her husband ask each other every night.

What were three things that worked today?

I love it. I do it alone, but it gives you a chance to reflect on the day in a positive way. But after time, i have a kind of brief running nightly commentary about what is working for me, what to keep up, it becomes super clear what is important and easier to prioritise that which works. I imagine if you did it as a couple, you would have precious insight into the others day, without hours of process to wade through first.
A beautiful practice, and one i will keep up this year.
2013...i have high hopes for you...i am dreaming up me some plans!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment