Saturday, April 27, 2013

wild winter beach

 
 Autumn seems to be sliding into winter here. I love long walks on the beach when it's crazy windy and the full tide throws all sorts of flotsam at my feet. 

 
 It's incredible how a good walk can put the world to rights.

 
Plus, seeing my shadow at this time of day is the only time my self image reflects into real world. (If asked to describe myself the word 'short' does not come up.)

 
Any pops of colour, like  this pukeko, stand out at the moment.

I wore a bright red and white striped shirt and my red Lotta of Stockholm clogs to the Sew Fun Retreat today. I love bright colours in the cooler months. And great news too...Ange and I have opened the Sew Fun Retreats into a co-operative. It's such a good thing, I am so glad it will continue, but with more hands on deck to help make it happen. For those not in the know: Sew Fun Retreats are a monthly Saturday where folks bring everything they need for crafting, a plate of something delicious to share and share space in a beautiful hall set in the bush. We talk, craft, solve world problems, laugh a lot and just generally make happy. Sew good! (Couldn't resist, sorry!)

Also making me happy is THIS. The documentary from the Railroad Revivalist Tour...last year three of my favourite bands got together to play gigs and jam all night on a coast to coast train tour of the US, playing music all the while. Mumford and sons, Edwarde Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes and Old Crow Medicine Show. Plenty of joyous Edwarde Sharpe dance moves and the music, oh the music...Go see.

1 comment:

  1. OCMS are yummy!! Love those guys hard (even got to meet Ketch once, STOKED!!!). Will have to check out that vid x

    ReplyDelete