Friday, May 24, 2013

Sew Liberated - Paloma pattern


I came home from Fabric-a-brac with six metres of a beautifully soft cotton/merino blend in this stripy jersey. I kept fondling it...and now i get to wear it. I finally bought a pattern from Meg McElwee's Sew Liberated range. I have been a follower of her blog, Sew Liberated for awhile and was on the look out for a dress pattern. It was one of those late night purchases, only I didn't regret this one.


The Paloma pattern arrived in my mailbox suprisingly quickly (the post from the US). The pattern has options for a top, tunic or dress. I used the dress option and made the sleeves long. It's a genius pattern and comes together super quickly. I am a big fan of clothes that are as comfortable as pyjama's, only i get to wear them in public without my kid cringing. I bought Meg's skinny jean pattern too, still looking for the right fabric for that one.


I love the Paloma dress. Perfect for throwing on over leggings on our stay-at-home days, or wearing with boots. The dress falls like a dream. Good for those days when I don't feel like wearing anything fitting but still want a bit of pretty.
I am not sure how it would be as a top, perhaps too boxy? I will give it a go one day. It would be a treat for any maternity clothe seeking mama's out there for sure.


My friend Ann from Annie B Handmade showed me the joys of sewing jersey with twin needles at the last Sew Fun retreat, unfortunately too late for me to finish my dress off with that professional polish at the hem, but still a life changing discovery for me. (You know, for us sewing geeks, these things are exciting. I just love being able to make what we need myself, just as well or better than you can buy.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment