Wednesday, May 15, 2013

sunset spectacular

 
Nature puts on the best show. We have been having the most amazing sunsets.
These photos were taken a few minutes apart. Jed and I were literally ooh'ing and aah'ing watching it all unfold.
 


Special quiet moments shared together at the end of a busy day. The only sounds out here are birdsong and the distant crash of the waves. A little bit hard to contemplate leaving? Ah, yes.

Once, years ago, when I was leaving the St Laurent de Cerdans, in the Pyrenean mountains in France, a friend said to me. "But how could you leave? You love it here, and it is so beautiful."
We gazed out over the mountains we both loved and finally I said, 'You know, finding beauty has never been a problem for me'.
I will remind myself of that if our offer of 'the town house' (with a very very big garden) is accepted!

8 comments:

  1. omg exciting change ahead! fingers crossed for you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very exciting! Beauty can be found in unexpected places, if you only take the time to look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one was amazing in the city too...a new house sounds exciting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been such amazing sunsets lately.
      Hopefully the next house will have room for a bundle of friends running rampant on rainy days! We have done well in our 80 metres squared. x

      Delete
  4. New beginnings are always exciting & I am sure that you will find the perfect place x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie...I will focus on the exciting aspect of that particular chapter. I tend to get lost in overhwhelm at times. x

      Delete