Monday, May 27, 2013

The sifter. Op Shop Show off.

 
I am linking up with Max of Blackbird has Spoken in her Op Shop Show Off series. Now, I am famously bad at posting regularly at the same time every week, so I can't promise I'll be a weekly participant, but I love the idea. Of course, they don't call me the op shopping queen for nothing!
Besides, I live in a small house, if I frequented op shops (thrift stores for you North Americans) that much it'd be a bit crowded.
 
Now, if you'll just ignore the wrinkled sheet as backdrop (ahem!) and focus on what's in the centre of the frame...
 
 
 
A vintage sifter! I have been looking for one of these for a long time. Not only did I find a vintage Bonco brand one, but its all jazzed up in a retro print. It did cost $10, which is kinda steep for me, but oh, happiness. 
 

Chestnut the rabbit was unimpressed. Actually, all the boys were unimpressed, until they used it...now they're hooked. Using one reminds me of my nana, that's the real reason for the happiness.

Pop along over to Blackbird has Spoken to see other finds HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, great to have you join in the rinky dink link thing!
    I L.O.V.E your sifter. we have an orange one that belonged to my hubby's nana, but your's is exceedingly pretty; and in very good nick by the looks of it. like a good set of knives, a classy sifter makes cooking a real pleasure.
    max x
    ps-the link is open for a week so feel free to link in any time :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did link in! It took me awhile, the linky tool was cranky that day.x

      Delete
  2. A bit of sifter envy here...great colours and glad there's no buyers remorse...I just paid a little more than I wanted for a picnic set, but would've kicked myself if I had left it in the shop. :)Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Heather, that's what I think too...there's no going back to pick it up later if it haunts you in op shops! x

      Delete
  3. What a great find! It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it brings a whole new joy to baking! x

      Delete