Saturday, June 15, 2013

Focus On: Design


Weekend's. Yay for weekends. Here in the Southern Hemisphere we're into those long dark wintry weekends. Someone told me folks read more on the internet in the winter months. Makes sense to me. In honour of that I'm starting a weekly link feature. Each weekend I am going to choose a theme, wax lyrical (briefly, I promise!) and give you a bunch of links to explore on the theme.
We'll be looking at Beauty, Power, Motherhood, Technology to name a few. 
But, today our focus is on DESIGN. 

What I love about us humans is how different we are. Ask one of us to design a floral fabric? That person might offer a realistic botanical rendition of your garden. Ask the guy crossing the road? He might go all gothic in green. Another of us will go all orange and brown retro. Yet another a vintage sheet pink floral. I love that.

Make a cup of tea and have a wander through these wonderful corners of the internet:

I love the colours and freshness in DesignLoveFest's blog too.

Australian Pip Lincolne's made a wonderful name for herself in the design world by just being herself on her MeetMeAtMikes blog.

Based in France but from the USA, Gabrielle and her cohorts blog 'where design and motherhood intersect' on DesignMom.

I have Grace Bonney's Design Sponge book out from the library at the moment, peeks into folks homes and tutorials abound. Brilliant. Just like the Design*Sponge blog.

A friend tipped me off to the Design Files blog this week. Another good place to go for an inspiration fix.

Swiss Miss is the blog of Tina Roth Eisenberg, a swiss designer gone NYC. 

and,

Alabama Chanin's journal is always a joy. Beautiful. Sustainable. Ethical. Just my kind of thing.

And you? What are your favourite design blogs? Leave a comment so we can all find new inspiration.




2 comments:

  1. I love Poppytalk- always some amazing design stuff on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam, I am going to go and check it out. Any Sam recommendation is bound to be a good one. xx

      Delete