Tuesday, June 4, 2013

outtakes


Hold onto your socks, GrowMama has a re-design about to be installed.
Yes! I finally stopped pretending i was going to find time to a) learn how to do it all, and then b) actually do it. I have been working with the lovely Talia Christine on a fresh new look for GrowMama. But when she asked for a profile picture I panicked. Not so good in front of the camera me. But we made it fun. Jed and I took the camera and while the car was waiting for it's warrant of fitness we went for a wander snapping pictures as we went. That boy makes everything fun. I am so lucky I get to come along for the ride.


He cracks me up that boy. He has both the best and the funniest ideas ever. 


One of the pictures we took that day made the cut. As the temporary pic.
I have Rosa Mae coming out to talk me out of my camera shy shell in a weeks time. She worked wonders when she did a shoot of me for an Extracurricular magazine feature a few years back. I was fresh out of hospital that day too. I'm starting to talk myself into it already. If I flake I figure I'll ask her to draw me instead. I win either way. Anybody else out there funny about cameras? I never used to be, but I am definitely a bit photo squeamish these days.


x

6 comments:

  1. Ooh I'll keep an eye out. Some great new blog designs going on lately :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this little space and the community of folks that have helped shape it and I am thrilled to be putting more love into it. And kinda nervous! x

      Delete
  2. I never think photos look like me, im always surprised when i see them (in my head im groomed and young looking, in photos i look unkempt and lined). though i have no fear of the real thing, people, including me, do read by these things, and so i like styled photos that say a bit more than just what someone looks like x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a funny thing isn't it. It will be my first photo shoot -other than for magazine articles and you never get to keep those images. Jed and i were in the women's weekly once...hilarious! I should blog about that one day. x

      Delete
  3. I do prefer to be on the opposite side of the lens being the person who photographs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too! I will report back about how it goes. x

      Delete