Saturday, July 6, 2013

Local Goodness: The Corbans Coffee Studio

 Local Goodness. It's a series here at GrowMama.

I'll be profiling or taking a peek into various cool businesses, products and places aroundabout here. 

We're talking eco-minded, progressive smaller endeavours, with a definite more'ish quality. How to define the boundaries of what is local to me? I'm going to take liberties there. Even if you don't live around here, we can all do with a dollop of inspiration and a dose of voyeurism into 
someone else's heartfelt worklife, no?! 

If you need to buy something, shop local and give your money where it'll count...give it to the good people! Support local goodness.

Today, I review the cafe at the Corbans Estate Arts Centre, The Coffee Studio.


In a word? YUM!
Sarah and Richard have created a lovely warm home away from home feeling cafe with the most delicious
food on offer. Whether you be gluten free or a decadent treat seeker, there is something for everyone. 


The cafe is just to the right of the main gallery space and offices of Corbans. I had the misfortune of taking these photos on a rainy day, but on a sunny day the space outside the cafe is full of people.


The decor has a vintage twist. Those lovers of vintage and retro will not be disappointed.


 And all the food looked so good I had a hard time deciding what to order. 


The coffee was superb too. You may not know this about me, but I am something of a coffee connessieur. We have a kick ass coffee machine at home, so when I say the coffee is good, it's GOOD! 
I hardly ever go to a cafe. I am just not your sit around twiddle thumbs sort. But I like a good one when I do go out. Thank goodness Henderson now has a decent cafe...it can be a bit bleak out West sometimes. 

The Coffee Studio.
at CEAC, 426 Great North Rd, Henderson.
Loads of parking, very kid friendly, totally GrowMama recommended!




2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the lack of cafes out West. I live in Henderson and found this wee gem of a place a month or two back. We got a gorgeous piece of local art and enjoyed a yummy snack too. Love it x Looking forward to future reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thrifty Fox, we have likely crossed paths in op shops if you live out west! I co-founded a monthly crafting retreatout west which is very blissfull if you fancy - get in touch! Its a Saturday once a month.

      Delete