Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Op Shop Show Off: Emersonmade


One of those busy days a few weeks ago saw me dashing full speed through the local Salvation Army thrift store. Nope. I couldn't just walk past! I came out not five minutes later with this lovely dress.


I had seen the blog post Jo from A Cup of Jo had done on Emerson Fry's work. THAT is the only reason I even knew this label. I had looked at the website, chortled at how much money people will pay for clothes and ogled at some of the classic clean-lined beauty that are on her online shelves. And left.
Then I found this. I loved it so much at first sight. Beautifully made, linen, seemingly unworn, POLKA DOTS, natural colours, pockets...this dress had it going on! It lay on my bed all afternoon and I admired it every time I walked past. I didn't want to try it on in case it didn't fit. But it does. Oh it does. It wears like a dream and that is why the dress is all crumpled in the picture...it's been worn alot!

And oh, if clothes could talk. How did it get to a thrift store in West Auckland?! I would love to know!


(Joining in with Max of Blackbird has Spoken for Op Shop Show Off.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with the brand at all but that dress is absolute class and is pressing all my buttons too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't on my radar at all (ie: had never come across it in the thrift stores!)- I was attracted to the dress first then noticed the label. It was coincidence I had read that blog post the day before, otherwise I wouldn't have known either.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I can't believe you opshopped that! It is such a gorgeous dress regardless of the label, but that really adds something lovely to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I am a total pro! It was only that I had just read that blog post mentioning the label that made it fun...I would have nabbed it if it were handmade or another label for sure. I wear it all the time.

      Delete