Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Op Shop Show Off: the trug


Joining in with Blackbird has Spoken and friends for the Op Shop Show off link in:

I think I could post a show off every week for two months just from last weeks finds! Er, Is that cheating?!

Lucky, lucky me. I found a trug. I have been on the lookout for years and there it was sitting in the op shop window. I liberated it and it is now put to hard work lugging firewood a kindling, looking rustic- purty, and doubling as a rabbit carrier and battle shield for Jed. Even the word is a good one, trug. TRUG! I couldn't help but wonder about the origins of it. 'The trug maker' gives a little history here
I can see this being used in the garden for weed removal and harvest come summer. 



6 comments:

  1. What a great find! *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jen. It was just one of those days!

      Delete
  2. nice one! i do like a thing that can multi task and look good. looking forward to further reveals, hurrah for op-shop hauls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I like the useful and beautiful find too.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I never heard of a trug but now that I've seen it I want one. What a clever idea it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just so handy. My neighbour in the Pyrenees used to make similar ones to this one. It brings with it those memories too.

      Delete