Friday, July 26, 2013

Vintage and Retro Sale - not to be missed!

This is a rare opportunity my vintage loving friends!
A lovely friend is helping someone move on a huge original collection gathered over decades by a local woman with a passion for fashion, textiles and dressmaking.
I had some of it in my house today for a photo shoot and it is all incredible.


Clothing, hats, linen, curtains, lingerie, fabrics (oh the fabrics!) and trimmings from the 1940’s to the 1970’s. The majority of the pieces are in very good condition. There are many NZ made and handmade items in a range of sizes.  All in all, an enormous quantity of beautiful vintage to be sold as found. There are also some bags of scraps – a quilters dream let me tell you, these fabrics are amazing.

All proceeds from the sale are going directly to the collector’s family.


Vintage and Retro Sale of a lifetime:
Saturday August 10th and Sunday August 11th
10am - 2pm.
1 Rangiwai Rd
Titirangi 
(please park in the village and walk up)

Absolutely NO previews and no pre-sales.
For further details email Claire.Inwood (AT) gmail (DOT) com


I’ll be setting up a facebook event page for this one too so look out for that.
Come and find yourself a treasure. It’s a rare opportunity indeed.


Please talk it up and tell your friends. We'd love this sale to be a success for the collector's family. xx


{And do you know, Claire received a phone call out of the blue from this family. The house was crammed with vintage goodness. We’re talking floor to ceiling boxes of this lady's collection, in room after room and they didn’t know where to start. By the time Claire came to the rescue, they had already ditched a boat load of vintage evening wear into the rubbish! Eek! Seriously, Claire is one of the kindest people I know.}

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh Sam. The stories I have heard about this collection! You really must come along, if only to ogle and fondle fabric! x

      Delete
  2. omg, i so wish i could be there, it sounds ace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAHHH I so wish I could be there! I even looked at flights from Wellington to Auckland for one night! Tell me, were there many 1950s clothes? If so I may even fly up for it haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia. It sounds like there are quite a few 1950's clothes! Might see you there!

      Delete
  4. Oooo this is exciting! Do you have an idea of prices (so we can prepare enough cash)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katherine, hopefully I answered your question in time on facebook! x

      Delete