Sunday, August 18, 2013

Photo shoot


  Awhile back I wrote about being all nervous about a photo shoot I had coming up. Even if it was with one of the loveliest people, Rosa Mae Rutherford.

A bunch of you were asking to see the results of that photo shoot. What, with one thing and another, I didn’t get around to posting any of the final pics Rosa sent.



Jed promised he would sit quietly and ‘help’ in the sidelines, but it was one of those days. Sigh. You’ll notice he was rather centre stage for an assistant. It is lovely to have a record of us though. It is the two of us so much, which usually means alot of self taken photographs.

 
I have one profile pic by Rosa up on the East West Organics blog I manage/write for and it sure is nice to have a bunch of good PR photos ready to pull out when needed. My last lot were taken a good few years ago and that got a bit like false advertising, these last few years seem to weigh heavy on me.


It’s strange. When I see photos of myself I see into myself, into my headstate at the time and this affects how I see my physical self. And how I interpret what I see. A friend saw herself being interviewed in TV the other night and all she saw was the exhaustion and tension she was feeling. Everyone else commented on her brilliant commentary and how fabulous she looked. We are our harshest critics sometimes. In my case, not all the time, but when I am out of balance, or feeling anxious. Yup.
 
I like the rant Stella from Golden Adventures went on in her blog post HERE. (And, yes, that is another Rutherford sister, they are a talented lot!)


While I was trawling through my photo folder, I found this photo, which Rosa took of Jed when he gatecrashed our last photo shoot for a magazine a few years ago. Beagle!

6 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about seeing what you felt at the time. I think you are adorable and I LOVE your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Jen. I will be better informed and prepared if I ever need to do another photo shoot next time. And most importantly, remember to have fun. Because it was just that. x

      Delete
  2. Super love these photos, and agree about your cute outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes, your sis is one talented lady! x

      Delete
  3. love these pics of the two of you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they will ones to treasure. You know, how some are. As much for the days memories woven into them as the image itself. So funny, how he observed what I was wearing and then disappeared into his room to emerge in a coordinating outfit!

      Delete