Friday, October 4, 2013

'Spike' the hedgehog


If someone would have told me I'd be driving home with a hedgehog yesterday, I would have laughed. Just goes to show...you never know what life is going to spring on you.

This lovely little lady had been rescued a week ago. She was found all tangled and hurt, in a nasty piece of wire. By the time we came along, she was healed, rested up and needed a place to live. That's where we came in. It was very special to get to know her, even for that short period of time. 

I give you a photo essay of Spike's release into the bottom of our garden. The perfect hedgehog habitat. We have a male hedgehog whose been with us for while and Jed is hoping we might see a family of hedgehogs later in the season.







Can you spot Spike under the thicket of overgrown weeds? We're hoping she might help deal to all the slugs in our garden. 

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely story and beautiful story. Hope you get baby 'hogs soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we'll be out with our torches in the summer to see!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know! I quite lost my heart to her. x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Our last encounter with a hedgehog was saving one from the in-laws pool (Nearly ending in tears...) So glad one is being given some love at your house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, hedgehogs and pools don't dons like a good combination. Spike is still doing a fantastic job at keeping all the slugs and snails out of my vege garden. I am SO happy about that!

      Delete