Saturday, November 16, 2013

Good Gifts: The Dragon Tamers

In the run-up to the upcoming seasonal gift giving shenanigans I will be doing a little series called Good Gifts. I know many of you, like me, want to support good projects and people, preferring to buy more gifts locally, from small producers, crafters or make gifts yourselves. I thought I'd throw a few ideas your way. Love to hear your suggestions and ideas too!

Today, I give you:

The Dragon Tamers - by James Russell.


A great present for the younger kids, The Dragon Tamers is second in a trilogy. Jed and I met the author at a market months ago when his godmother bought him a copy of the first Dragon Brothers book. You can read the blog post about James' first book, The Dragon Hunters HERE. He very kindly offered to send Jed the second book and asked if I would do a review on it. I said yes please!


 The sequel has a wonderful rhyming way to it. Two brothers off on adventure, as only kids can do.


Jed was spirited away from page one. 
I love the artwork, it's illustrated by Link Choi. 

I recently discovered that James Russell's day job is being the editor of the NZ Herald's Element magazine (a sustainable business and lifestyle magazine) which makes me like him even more.
  

The Dragon Brothers Books website can be found HERE.
The facebook page is HERE.


The pair of books would make a lovely gift. We are looking forward to the third book, The Dragon Riders. I bet you will too. 

1 comment:

  1. Data Recovery services for hard disk drives, SSD, RAID, NAS, USB flash drives, memory cards and mobile phones in New Zealand. Lab based in Auckland. RAID data recovery

    ReplyDelete