Sunday, December 22, 2013

colour me happy










The colours of summer are exploding around me. There is so much to be grateful for.
I have heard so many stories of the hardships of 2013 from friends and family. My heart has been heavy with it a bit this week. It feels good to be nearing the end of the year. Everyone is full of hope. My mind turns to my own reflections. I am taking two weeks off paid work to step back and have a look and where I want to be headed next year. In myself and out in the world. And here, in this much loved space. Sometimes I wonder where to go with it. What do you like here at GrowMama? What keeps you coming back? What would you like to see more of? I have been blogging here for FOUR years! I think next June might need to see a bit of a celebration for the big five. 

- Jed art
- a leaf from our garden
- fresh produce 
- Ethos cafe's famous raw cheesecake
- lush wheatgrass at East West Organics

4 comments:

  1. I would say just keep on doing what you're doing. I like the heart felt honesty, the reminders of how to appreciate and cherish the little things, the brave sharing of your struggles, your interpretation of the world as seen through Jed's eyes, the simple sewing and craft patterns and tips, ideas for increasing sustainability in our lives, the links to other interesting spaces and all your beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks h. Really. That was beautiful. So glad you are here.

      Delete
  2. I agree with h, I pop in regularly as you are a calm breath of fresh air. I love you views on child rearing, nature, sustainability , and general tips that often give me a 'lightbulb' moment : ) Keep doing what you're doing, just don't be afraid to put more of your musings on here, always thought provoking and often amusing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marnie, hearfelt thanks for your words. They mean alot. I want to give the GrowMama blog more loving and presence this year and yes! i want to put more of my musings out in this space. Thanks for the reminder. xx

      Delete