Tuesday, December 24, 2013

may your days be merry


Tonight my thoughts are with the children all wriggly and trying madly to sleep. My thoughts are with my friends whose families are grieving. They are with the many people who have been queueing for hours at the City Mission. My thoughts are with those children whose request while sitting on Santa's knee was for their parents to stop fighting, or to have enough to eat. My thoughts are with my friend and her daughter who will have their first Christmas just the two of them. Expectations are high at this time of year and many people struggle as a result. My thoughts go to the many friends who don't celebrate at this time of year, or whose celebrations differ from Christmas. My house is full of family and food, laughter and wriggly children. I feel acutely grateful. 
Wherever you fall on the celebration spectrum, may your days be good ones my friends.
See you on the other side!

1 comment:

  1. That is so beautiful Annisa, I hope you and your family had a wonderful heartfelt day xxx

    ReplyDelete