Saturday, January 25, 2014

Op Shop Show Off


It's been a while since I joined in with the Op Shop Show Off but I have been back at it, and I am happy to report that I have not lost the knack. Ha! 

Me and my sidekick popped by our local Salvation Army on the lookout for magazines for an art project and I was so excited to find a brand new pair of Birkenstocks in my size. Yes! And this beautiful fine wool Japanese knitted top which is perfect for these temperental New Zealand summer days (read: windy and rainy and a bit chilly in between the odd scorching hot day). Really into simple comfortable clothes at the moment, all cottons, light wool and linens. They came to less than $10 together. Happiness. And yes, I might have done one of my happy dances in the aisle when I spotted the shoes! I still got it.
And, heartfelt thanks to my angel who looks out for me and my boy in our local oppy. It is always a pleasure. x

8 comments:

  1. You so do got it!!!! Those birkies, what a find, black too! Love the jersey too, gorgeous shape and colour. You especially got it scoring ao well over the school hols. Ours are heaving with people, cant wait for school to go back so I can have a proper trawl x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it might have been due to the summer hols and people having ruthless clear outs?! I have been doing a bit of that and imagining the joy of people finding my 'old' treasures in the op shops. And so it goes around...! x

      Delete
  2. Hey, you really scored this time! What a thrill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Been wearing both of these things alot. Very grateful.

      Delete
  3. Wow! new Birkies! Super envious! I'll have to work on my visualising skills, me thinks :-).*

    ReplyDelete