Friday, February 21, 2014

Stay home club


I am not much of a Tshirt person. Something about them just doesn't do it for me, but I have a special few I love. This one is on high rotation. 

I am happy at home. Home is important to me. Who is in it, what it feels like, what's around me influences me hugely. Jed and I have spent a week at a time at home in the past, doing our thing. Home is a space full of laughter, comfortable silences, meetings of eyes and responding smiles. And cats. When I was born someone (who was either intuitive or cruel!) gave me a kitten. Tika and I grew up together and the hardest part of the 16 years away from NZ was the long stretches without cat friends. Or saying goodbye to them. I know they eat birds and stuff, and I love birds and stuff I really do...but my internal description of the word 'home' somehow includes something feline. There, I have outed myself as a cat person. Done. Oh the relief!)

No comments:

Post a Comment