Friday, March 28, 2014

the feeling sad cure


I have been feeling a bit stuck. In my own life, mired at a bit of a crossroads of sorts. And a sad about the state of the world, and we people floundering about in it. I am one of those folks who began speaking up about Climate Change twenty or so years ago, way before it ever made the papers. Looking around today, it makes me so sad how little the knowledge of our human impact on the earth factors in the way many of us live. I look around at the incredible beauty that surrounds me and wonder about the future our children will inherit from us. 
Big stuff. And there are no answers, only hope. Hope that stems from the small magics of everyday life. The hope that rises in response to a young boy plotting and succeeding in rescuing a sunstar from a seagull, holding it in awe and tenderly carrying it to the sea.
I am re-visiting Joanna Macy's work. I leave you with some of her words. Words that have helped carry me this week:

"To be alive in this beautiful, self-organizing universe--to participate in the dance of life with senses to perceive it, lungs that breathe it, organs that draw nourishment from it--is a wonder beyond words. Gratitude for the gift of life is the primary wellspring of all religions, the hallmark of the mystic, the source of all true art. Furthermore, it is a privilege to be alive in this time when we can choose to take part in the self-healing of our world." - Joanna Macy

Yes! What she said!




2 comments:

  1. I share your feelings as well..... the world around us is a beautiful and magical place... yet life, at times, can be so sad and overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed...I love your presence here Taryn...your words always bring warmth to me. I think we are quite similar in outlook perhaps?! xx

      Delete