Monday, April 7, 2014

parenting tools - what are yours?

 
I field a fair amount of questions about parenting. I think it is about time I added a bunch of parenting resources here on GrowMama.

It changes so much doesn't it...from conception, pregnancy, birth or adoption and the unfurling of our parenting selves into later child raising years. You just get into a groove and they go and change it up and you have to upskill, talk to other mama's or just tune into your instincts. 

What are your go-to parenting resources? I would love to know the books, websites and other resources that feed your parenting soul. Leave a comment below or email me if you'd rather (quite a few of you do it seems!)- I would love to hear from you.


Maybe our favourite parenting books, links and resources will reach more folks that need them. This would be a good thing!


My favourites? I have always loved Jon and Myra Kabat-Zinn's book 'Everyday Blessings'. I have a copy and lend it out alot. I love Pennie Brownlee, Gordon Neufeld and Aletha Solter's work. Sarah Napthali's Buddhism for Mothers is another great potentially lifechanging read. Genevieve Simperingham's Peaceful Parent Institute has a fantastic archive of articles and if anyone ever gets a chance to go to one of Genevieve's workshops...GO!  And now in the thick of our homeschooling/natural learning journey...there are more resources along those lines. There is more and I will put up a blog post announcing when the parenting resource section is complete.


Gosh I had a blast going back through these old photos! What a trip this mama path is!
And sheesh, we have fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment