Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Grow Me Well


I meet all sorts of fantastic people in my line of work and last year, when I was teaching at the Kaipatiki Project, I got to meet Dee Pigneguy. Stories of her gardening and efforts to educate folks in the wily ways of chickens, composting and healthy living had preceded her and I was thrilled to meet her. She is as lovely as you would imagine her to be. Plus, she said I could dig up a bit of nettle plant and take it home. Extra bonus points and happiness for me!

Dee and her daughter Tamarin, joined forces to write a wonderful book about anatomy and nutrition called, 'Grow Me Well'. It's designed to appeal to kids as well as adults and would be a great addition to any family library. You can find out more about it, and Dee's others books HERE. And if you ever get a chance to attend one of Dee's workshops, do it!

2 comments:

  1. You can buy Grow Me Well on line at www.urbanremedy.co.nz On sale special price just $25 plus postage

    ReplyDelete