Sunday, June 22, 2014

Most Treasured Possession - Ellie Smith from Extracurricular

I have a new feature on GrowMama.
A little something to liven up our Mondays.
I have asked some lovely bloggers to share their most treasured possession with us and let us know why it is so treasured.
It can’t be your pets, children or beloveds. It has to be stuff.
Unfashionable in this age of decluttering, simplifying and tiny houses I know…but we all have our treasures.

This week with her Most Treasured Possession is the lovely Ellie Smith, editor of Extracurricular Magazine.




Growing up, I never tired of looking through my parents' travel albums and hearing stories of their overseas adventures, and I always knew that when I grew up I would go on an adventure of my own. I've since been on several big trips, but none compare to mum's 21 months abroad. From living on a Kibbutz in Israel, nearly being run over in Italy, hitching dodgy rides and breaking foreign hearts, it was all recounted in letters to her family back home - always beginning, 'Dear Fam'. It's nice hearing her 22 year old voice. For Mum's 60th I collated all her letters into a book and got it printed on Blurb, so now they're all in order and we can read them without damaging the precious aerogrammes.

That is a treasure indeed. Thanks for sharing it with us Ellie. If you are a crafty/DIY/Design loving/very cool person and haven't gotten yourself hooked on Extracurricular magazine, you definitely need to! (Er, and not just because I write for them either!)

Extracurricular on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ExtraCurricularMagazine

No comments:

Post a Comment