Tuesday, July 15, 2014

favourite juice - recipe


How about the colour of this juice?!
I love it.
It's beetroot, carrot, apple and ginger juice. The perfect mid afternoon pick-me-up.
Just what these chilly winter days in New Zealand need. 


Cheers! The basic recipe I got from It's All Good. Gwyneth Paltrow's latest cookbook. I borrowed it from the library, have extended it twice and am having a great deal of trouble parting with it. I think I might need my own copy on the shelf! Not for this juice recipe, that I can remember, but every recipe I have tried from it is a keeper.

Beetroot, Carrot, Apple and Ginger Juice - my tweaked version
-With thanks to Gwyneth for the original recipe- 

2 baby beetroots, peeled and cut
1 large carrot
1 large apple, cut 
a chunk of fresh ginger root (start small, you can always add more)
1/2 a lemon, peeled and cut

Chuck it all in the juicer and enjoy!
I am sure you will make your own tweaks to your tastes. 
The small people around here like this one with more apple, less beetroot and ginger.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have been looking for new juice ideas. I will give this one a try soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mama! Let me know your favourite..I'm up for new ideas too! x

      Delete