Monday, July 21, 2014

Most Treasured Possession - Dee from Dee*Construction

It's MONDAY! 
That means it is time for my favourite thing at the moment:
I have asked some lovely bloggers to share their most treasured possession with us and let us know why it is so treasured. 
Unfashionable in this age of decluttering, simplifying and tiny houses I know…but we all have our treasures.

This week with her Most Treasured Possession is the lovely Dee Rolston 

of Dee*Construction blog. She is also the co-creator (with her husband) of the amazing Needle and Nail and Dee makes the most beautiful dolls as Tiny Eyes. 
Clever much?! YES!


If I'm truly honest, my most treasured possession doesn't really belong to me at all.
But every time I think about the possibility of losing it, I feel devastated and there is really nothing else (that I can think of!) that I feel that same way about.

So, if I can share it with my daughter (who is the actual owner), my most treasured possession is this little notebook called the 'You & Me' book that we write notes to each other in.
You can read more about how and why I started this notebook in this post , but this is basically how it works - my daughter, Jada (now 10), will write in the notebook and leave it on my pillow for when I go to bed. I usually will write back straight away and leave it beside her bed for her to find in the morning. 
We use it to congratulate, encourage, draw silly pictures and it's also a really good way to say the things that are difficult to say out loud. It's pretty much our favourite thing to see laying about ;)


Seeing my daughter mature and learn and question and grow through these back-and-forth notes over the last few years is already priceless and I can only imagine how amazing it will be to see (read) her growth into adulthood in the years ahead. I hope this notebook will one day be as priceless to her as it already is to me.

But I seriously need to get a copy of it to keep for myself before she leaves home!


Wow, I love this idea. That is one super precious book! Thanks so much for sharing this with us Dee. 
And Jada for letting us peek into her world too. 
Have a great week everyone.
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sheesh, you are quick off the mark, I just posted it! Isn't a lovely idea. I'd love it if it would fly here. x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Absolute pleasure Dee..I am so glad you said yes!

      Delete