Monday, August 18, 2014

Op shop happiness


I came home with this beauty for $5. Unused. So much love gone into making it, so many hours of work. So glad it's found a place to be appreciated. And not just by Chester the rabbit. Although he does have a bit of a thing for vintage handmade blankets. Remind me to show you his blanket one day.


I am no knitter. Or crocheter. Despite vague threats that I would try and learn this winter, I don't think it's going to happen...Spring is just around the corner and there are about oooh twelve writing projects I want to carve out time for. Plus a healthy pile of sewing. But I do love handknits. These granny squares just sing in their blues and greys with random sunshiney yellows and oranges in the middle. I always harbour hope that I might discover who made these beautiful things, it hasn't happened yet, but I love to imagine their stories. It might be destined for a friend, I am not sure yet, sometimes these things need to abide awhile and be admired until their true homes reveal themselves.


This little gem isn't going anywhere, that's for sure. A original manicure kit. Complete with three pairs of nail and hair trimming scissors made in Sheffield, England. I have been on the lookout for one ever since coveting my Nana's as a girl. Not sure what happened to her one but I sure am happy to have this one. It reminds me of my Nana all the same. 


It was a lucky day at the Op shops. I don't go all that much anymore and have adhered to my 'bring something in, two things go out' policy. Small house you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment