Friday, September 26, 2014

Local Goodness: Crafty Baker


There's a new baker in our 'hood. I have heard a few rave reviews from locals but hadn't ventured in. The traffic along West Coast Rd is often heavy and I didn't manage to stop until I worked out there was parking in behind. Plenty of it. I am so glad I stopped. Super friendly service and the best pain au chocolate I have tasted since I lived in France. No kidding. The wholemeal sourdough was pretty darn good too. And the best thing is that these folks bake with the best quality ingredients-organic and free range wherever possible, no additives and everything is made from scratch. All packaged in eco styles and they are working their way toward zero-waste. Even the butter is made in-house. 
Their motto is, 'The only way to do it, is to do it properly'. Seriously. These folks are almost too good to be true. SO glad Glen Eden has them.
All their info (values, products, you name it) is on their website: www.craftybaker.co.nz
They come GrowMama recommended! 

Don't get caught out by their opening days/hours though: Thursday and Friday 8-6, Saturday and Sunday 8 - 2. 






No comments:

Post a Comment