Tuesday, October 21, 2014

nzsale outfit post


You all know like to buy secondhand or make my own clothes, right? Well, sometimes, when I have been looking for a specific basic piece of clothing I might consider shopping new. Shocking I know. What was even more shocking was looking around in the shops for the first time in a long time...the prices out there! I saw a pair of jeans with holes in them for $200! Okay, I'll stop channeling my nana. 

Seriously...I don't like buying new in stores and had been looking around online when I got an email from nzsale.com. Would I like to trial shopping with them? I had just opened their site open at the time that email flew into my inbox. Serendipity in action I thought. Er, yes please! They gave me $100 credit for the pleasure. Looking around their website, I saw that $100 could go a very long way. Nzsale is a time limited clearance sale website for a changing host of designers and labels. Everything from kids toys, clothing for the whole family, skincare, houseware, and more in between. It really is quite amazing. 

Where did my $100 go? There was so much to choose from. I found two classic black shirts from Zara, two pairs of boyshort underwear from Jockey woman, Bonds grey marle skinny leg sweat pants, and a stunner of a long sleeved dressy chiffon top from Esprit. 

The black shirt below is one of my favourites. It is a cotton/rayon blend at the front and a knit jersey with a zip on the back. Simple classic design and perfect for our NZ spring/summer season. 



My verdict? I'll be back to nzsale when I need something. For sure. 
My advice is to not get overexcited and ask yourself if you really love the item/s before you click buy. There is a high turnover rate on nzsale, if you are looking for something specific, monitor the site until it comes up. You can't try things on so check the sizing charts out and be aware that some items might not be exactly what you imagined them to be. Be open minded, this can be a good thing. The Zara shirt I love the most isn't at all what I would have ordered, but I love it the most. 

You can check out nzsale HERE. 
Have fun out there folks. x

The jeans (because I know some of you will email and ask!) are Top Shop Baxter skinny jeans, the boots are Funki clog boots from a few seasons ago, both get worn A LOT!

1 comment: