Wednesday, November 19, 2014

the sewing revival


I have been on a bender. Of the most innocent kind I might add. I have been sewing. I have adopted Angela from Mermaid's Purse's ziploc bag sewing project system and having every thing bagged and ready to go just makes the actual sewing so satisfying and FAST! 


I have a few new shirts in rotation that I'm loving but the best value is sewing Jed some new hoodies. He's grown out of the pixie hood "just a normal one thanks mama" which is the end of an era. The merino fabrics I picked up for a song at the last Fabric-a-Brac market. I whipped out two in our old favourite pattern. It's the Sewing Clothes Kids Love book by Nancy Langdon and Sabine Pollehn. If I had to choose one book to rely on to use for patterns to take a kid all through childhood, this would be it. There's so many for the littlies and not so much for the bigger kids. This one does it all. All genders too. Big yes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment