Saturday, December 6, 2014

Angela's last words



I introduced you to Angela and Raymond a few months ago HERE. At the time they were fundraising to get Angela to Seattle for treatment denied to her here in NZ. Thank you so much to those who donated! 
I met Angela online, it turned out we had friends and a whole lot more in common. 

In a blog post called 'A battle well fought' Raymond announced that on the 10/28/2014, Angela lost her battle. The world lost an incredible woman that day and Raymond continues to blog about his and Angela's friends and family's journey through grief. (All donations now go to the Leukemia Foundation as Angela had stated would happen if she died before she could get to Seattle.)

Here is a video Angela put together as her last words to the world. It's beautiful. And poignant. It's called 'What would you do if you were told you had less than 12 months to live?' She asks us, 'what is important to us'. She asks us, 'what is stopping you?' 

I am going to recall her words when I get stuck in fear and hijack myself from doing what I really want to be doing.  I just said YES to something I find really scary. In honour of Angela. And me. More on that on later. Now, go watch Angela's video. And leave a comment. Tell me, what are you going to do with your one wild and precious life? xx 

 'Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? - from a Mary Oliver poem.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Anissa - I am going to relax and live my life in a more present way. Slow down and enjoy the people I love. Like walking to school this morning with my 6 year old really slowly, cos he wanted to walk backwards the whole way.

    Thanks for all the lovely things you write about and share - they are really inspiring.

    Nicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of Angela a lot. She reminds me to slow down too. I just bought some 2015 workbooks to vision the year to come, I am going to watch Angela's last words video before I begin.
      Thanks for your sweet words about GrowMama. It is a special place to me too. x

      Delete