Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Beginning


Now I have an independent seven year old, I have a lot of time on my hands. Well, at homechooling groups and classes at least. I find it really hard to sit and just chat. My thumbs weren't created with a twiddle function either. There's a bunch of time coming up watching kids swimming too. Time for a hand work project.
I chose an Alabama Chanin hand sewn dress I have been wanting to try. In a soft olive jersey cotton. I can't wait to get stitching. Wish me luck. It's a fair few hours more than my usual fast and furious sewing of clothes.


Here's the Alabama Chanin project I took on two years ago. That skirt is still in my wardrobe. It's a dreamy summer wear. 

For those of you unfamiliar with Natalie Chanin's work, she is big on local, style, upcycling and comfort. Sounds like me huh? Here are images of some Alabama Chanin dresses. This one will be simple, just one layer and no embellishment this time. 

You can wander around the AB website here. Natalie's journal is a cool place to hang out. x

No comments:

Post a Comment