Sunday, December 21, 2014

in my fridge


We're a little rundown here. The little guy is recovering from a nasty virus and I am just coming out the other side of a tooth abscess (who knew it could be so painful?) and need to balance this course of anti-biotics with pro-biotics and good bacteria to recolonise my gut. I only ever take anti-b's when absolutely necessary but sheesh I am glad they exist for an extreme case like I have. Plus, coming into the holiday season I am taking extra care we eat well.

We have a few fermented foods in the fridge for all that beneficial bacteria and with summer finally underway here in New Zealand, we're eating raw a bunch. These two products are centre stage in my fridge at the moment. That, and a BIG bottle of Kombucha, but that's for another post.

I have made my own herb pesto's for years, but in busy times like these I buy it in. Here in NZ, the Waiheke Herb Spread is the only one on the market, but it is a good one! I have it on toast, with eggs, you can put it on sandwiches, dab a bit on the side for salads...it tastes beautiful and gives that little extra zing of goodness.

I first came to hear about Be Nourished when one of their founders did a workshop for East West Organics (I manage their social media and website). I picked up a jar of their Wild Out West Sauerkraut and wowsers, it is GOOD! 

If you don't live in New Zealand I am sure your local organics/natural health store has similar products? Treat yourself with the good stuff this holidays...I am thinking our bodies will thank us for it! x

And no, this isn't a sponsored post. No money has changed hands. I just like to hook you up with good products made by good people. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment