Wednesday, December 17, 2014

In Viva Magazine


It's been a full time. We had the house full of guests, I have had a ridiculous amount of work on, it's 'that' time of year and Jed was very sick for seven days. You know, the kind of sick when you have to let everything else go to be able to support the little dude. Not much sleep and lots of darkened rooms and screen time because that's the only thing that distracts the sick guy. I feel like I am just coming out of a hole. And I am currently on more medication than I thought possible with a nasty tooth infection from a crown gone wrong. I am trying to get it sorted before we leave on our roadtrip. Ugh. Woe is me. Really. Awful. But!



But... there was a fun ray of light...I was in yesterday's issue of the NZ Herald's Viva Magazine. Their byline is 'the voice for all that is new and stylish'. And there I was alongside Amber D, Lorde's makeup artist, and Christine Sharma, Ruby's Director. I salute Viva for being proactive in having me in the piece as a different voice to their usual. Very cool.
I have done my share of media interviews but realise how much more comfortable I am being the one asking the questions and on the other side of the camera. This was a good reminder of what's its like for the folks I interview. 
Big thanks to Fiona for asking me to take part and to her and Babiche for being so kind.



 Fiona had seen my work in the Organic Explorer book and had come over to the blog and got in touch from there. It's a good reminder that we never know what these things will lead to. 

I had some time before my ride back out of the city so wandered with my camera. Fun. 



It's a different world in the City from where I usually spend my days, but I find it inspiring to get in amongst it.



Auckland is not anything like any of my favourite cities - Barcelona, Berlin, Prague, NYC and London, but it has it's own charm. 



Viva asked for my 5 summer essentials:

1) Beauty product: jar of Natural Abundance coconut oil. 

2) $3 vintage straw hat. 
3) Handmade polkadot shirt. 
4) Organic Explorer book.
And something I never leave home without: 

5) Mason jars of rainwater from home. That one caused a raised eyebrow or two! Seriously, town water just tastes el crapola to me after our gorgeous rainwater. 
Sadly, the Mason jar of rainwater didn't make the final edit.

You can read the piece HERE.

I am pleased with how it turned out. Seems a good way to finish up the year. 
Thanks Viva!


1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies REVEAL Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete