Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Wellington


I love a few days in the big city. We live just outside Auckland, NZ's biggest city, but the capital, Wellington, is a much better fit for me. My sister, partner and Jed's cousin live in Wellington, as do some great friends. I really must get down there more. Much of it was family time but we went to Te Papa, our national museum, the zoo and had a wander down Cuba Street and indulged in a cafe lunch. It was all kinds of good. The little dudes did good. We took turns in hanging with them, while the larger pottered in various stores and soaked up the street life and most excellent coffee. I was sorely tempted but bought nothing. Not even a piece of fabric. Okay, you got me, there was none to buy. 
It was stinking hot. Which was a bit of a shocker for Wellington. They are used to high winds and a bit more grey to the sky. The day ended at the beach. Again! 










See you soon Wellington! 

No comments:

Post a Comment