Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Gluten free chocolate chunk cookies



We had friends due for afternoon tea and my partner had promised some home baking. I had the orange cake in the oven before I remembered one of them is gluten-free. Yikes. I googled Gluten free cookies and there were a bunch of yummy looking ones but all required a bunch of fancy ingredients we didn't have. We live 30 minutes from any supermarkets and I only had a cup worth of Orgran Gluten Free flour left. 

So, I made up my own recipe. I'm good like that. I based it on a recipe my Nana used. We were all super pleased with the result! Gluten free chocolate chunk cookie recipe below. Enjoy!



Gluten Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies

105 g butter
1/3 cup Arenga sugar
1 tablespoon condensed milk (I want to try honey and yogurt mix instead next time)
1 cup Orgran gluten free flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped dark chocolate (I used Whittaker's dark)

Soften butter and mix with the arenga sugar, condensed milk until combined and light.
Sift gluten free flour and baking powder together.
Chuck it all into together with the chocolate chunks.
Take a teaspoonful and press into balls.
Place on greased tray and gently press into cookie shape with a fork.
Bake at 180 degrees celsius until start to brown. About 15- 20 minutes.

Warning: these are really good and best baked with friends around to help you eat them!


No comments:

Post a Comment