Monday, February 16, 2015

Taking stock:February

Joining in with the wonderful Pip Lincolne and taking stock. She provides the list, I free associate late at night. And will either cringe or be cool with it in the morning!



Making : lists of things to do. I am big on lists.
Cooking : as little as possible...it's too hot!
Drinking : Beetroot, apple, orange and ginger juice. 
Reading: Caitlin Moran's Moranthology.
Wanting: to get on a plane.
Looking: at this beautiful dress I bought at the op shop today.
Playing: Chess with my seven year old.
Deciding: to be more candid in my writing. Watch out.
Wishing: we had a big tree to climb on the property.
Enjoying: my mismatched vintage china and glasses.
Waiting: for an appointment at the hospital. (And waiting, and waiting.)
Liking: my new glass water bottle. 
Wondering: whether to focus on Growmama or take on more freelance or contract work.
Loving: sitting in the garden just hanging with my boy and a cat and a bunny.
Pondering: what sort of world my son will live in when he is grown.
Considering: going away for the weekend. Alone!
Buying: rescue remedy pastilles.
Watching: Land Girls DVD's in bed. 
Hoping: my cousin's beautiful baby boy pulls through his surgery and flourishes. 
Marvelling: at the power of social media, both a power for good and for ickiness. Just like the pen but faster.
Cringing: at advertising I saw in a magazine today. No-one actually looks like that, not even the model.
Needing: a hug. 
Questioning: oh, it's all up for review today. Sigh. One of those days.
Smelling: rose and geranium oil.
Wearing: My fennec fox singlet and harem pants. Super comfy and sounds weird but I had loads of comments today. 
Following: a conversation about whether a kids previous school should have a say in whether the Ministry of Ed approves their application to homeschool. (I say no.)
Noticing: large moths crashing into the window in front of me. Hard not to.
Knowing: I need to get up and away from this screen!
Thinking: about work this year, so many options but nothing sings YES. Yet.
Admiring: the hundreds of monarch caterpillars, chrysalises and butterflies we saw today.
Sorting: Argh. Homeschooling files and my images. I am terrible at filing. Truly.
Buying: a Yumi dress.
Getting: a puppy! Much excitement. 12 sleeps to go.
Bookmarking: THIS fantastic article about kids readiness to read and write.
Coveting: i can't say.
Disliking: the vitriolic divisive arguments about vaccination that are rampant on the internet at the moment. Actually, vitriolic one-sided arguments about anything.
Opening: The Dragon Riders - James Russell's new book arrived today!
Giggling: at my son's love of slapstick humour.
Feeling: sad, determined and just a teeny bit fiesty.
Snacking: on apple, dates and almonds.
Comforting: to think cooler weather is coming...swimming is nice but cooler means CARDIGANS! I love cardigans (and clogs).
Wishing: loved ones from afar lived closer.
Helping: a friend make a facebook group for his music school.
Hearing: crickets.

Here's Pip's list for you to copy and paste, in case you want to take stock too: 
Making :
Cooking :
Drinking :
Reading:
Wanting:
Looking:
Playing:
Deciding:
Wishing:
Enjoying:
Waiting:
Liking:
Wondering:
Loving:
Pondering:
Considering:
Buying:
Watching:
Hoping:
Marvelling:
Cringing:
Needing:
Questioning:
Smelling:
Wearing:
Following:
Noticing:
Knowing:
Thinking:
Admiring:
Sorting:
Buying:
Getting:
Bookmarking:
Coveting:
Disliking:
Opening:
Giggling:
Feeling:
Snacking:
Comforting:
Wishing:
Helping:
Hearing:

No comments:

Post a Comment