Saturday, March 14, 2015

the small things help


It's been a full time. I am struggling a bit. It's strange...things are easing yet now I fall (just ever so gently) to pieces. It is safe to now I suppose, there is space for it. Ups and downs of life and all that.
One big relief is getting the all clear from mammogram and ultrasound at my hospital visit. So grateful for that. It was a long 6 week wait. Which I filled with bi-weekly acupuncture visits, poke root and cleavers tinctures and meditation. Tucked in between work and homeschooling and cooking and oh, lets be honest - not much cleaning! My dad is out of hospital too, another relief. Poor dude had every complication possible I think.

What helps in times like these are kind librarians who patiently sort out my overdue books and wrongly requested books and quietly request the right ones while I fly off to another appointment. Thank you. You know who you are. Such small kindnesses have such a big effect. x
What helps are friends who reach out by phone or by hug.
Little treats help. That fair trade dark mint chocolate definitely helped! So did the rose and geranium oil. It's become a bit of a trademark.
Phone calls with my beautiful sister helped. Sitting on the deck at night, looking up into the stars helps. Marvelling at the perfection of a little skink in our garden helps. 

Puppies help. Even when they disappear into the bush and have to hauled out covered in cat poo to experience their first bath. (True story!) Laughter helps. Eating my favourite quick meal of half an avocado with sauerkraut helps. And fresh end of season plums help.

Deep breaths help too. Such a simple thing, breathing, yet taking a moment to tune into our bodies and be mindful can be so profound. The little things add up to be quite large.



No comments:

Post a Comment