Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Learning Together


One of the things I have been working on is the AHE (Auckland Home Educators) Conference coming up on the 9th of May. We've named it 'Learning Together'.

It promises to be quite the day, with main speakers Stephanie Walmsley, a long time homeschooler and homeschooling advocate and Larne Edmeades, who is the principal of ACG Parnell College. His four children are, or have been, homeschooled.  I know right?! Many people are very curious to hear his story. We have a wonderful array of workshops, a marketplace, info centre and beautiful food available for morning tea (which you get with your registration) and yummy lunch (which is super affordable).
I am facilitating the main panel and giving a workshop called, 'Nature as Teacher - using the natural world in our learning journeys'. I can't wait. I love this work.

The best thing? Working with some fabulous women who I hadn't met before they telephoned me out of the blue and bringing people together. It's been a such a pleasure. We have some fabulous people giving workshops and events like this are so important. We get a sense of being part of something much bigger than our own homeschooling households and groups, we get to meet new people, share ideas, gather new inspiration and return with renewed spirits to our daily lives as a result.

If you are homeschooling, or thinking about it pop on over to the AHE website HERE and take a look at the programme. It's all good, affordable too. Plus, if money is getting in the way of coming along, contact us about scholarships. Register now, spaces are limited and you don't want to miss out. I'll be there all day, come say hi!

2 comments:

  1. I listened to you speak at conference.....so inspiring! I linked to you on my new blog! We were inspired by your mandala art....i have posted pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! So glad you got so much out of the conference. I just found your new blog and your mandala art...beautiful! I will link to them in a blog post soon. I am doing a wee series on Nature as Teacher, so that's perfect. xx

      Delete