Thursday, June 25, 2015

apple season


We haven't been apple picking yet but we've been bringing home big boxes of seconds apples for $4 a pop from our local orchard. My favourite variety so far was Golden Delicious. I had plans to make all manner of apple recipes but so far we haven't gotten past stewed apple with fresh vanilla pod. It's the snack of choice here at the moment. So simple and so good.

And because I know some of you will email me and ask where to get the apple machine from: HERE! It peels, slices (into a spiral!) and cores in one easy action. We got ours for $20 in a sale five years ago and is one of the most used gadgets. There is a bunch of videos of them in action on youtube if you want to see it before investing in one. Kids love them.


2 comments:

  1. We have one of those marvelous machines too! I haven't found a kid yet who won't eat an apple cut with it, even the ones their mums tell me "they don't like apples". It's magic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it's a magical device isn't it?!

      Delete