Thursday, July 2, 2015

Making: a woven hemlock tee


There has been a bit to think about in the last week. As usual when the proverbial hits the fan, I hit the sewing machine. It's a productive sort of a therapeutic approach. I found this double gauze on sale in the weekend and couldn't wait to get home and get making.
I used Grainline Studio's free hemlock tee pattern and made a few tweaks to adjust it for use with woven fabric not the recommended jersey. I have another one I made back in the summer and I wore it all the time. I wanted one in a less breezy fabric that I could wear in other seasons.

I used a navy bias binding to finish the neckline and folded up the hem for the full effect of the double gauze pattern on the other side of the fabric. I made sure the seams at the sides were hidden. It worked a treat. I would widen the arms slightly if I made another one out of woven fabric. So easy to whip up. I like that. It feels dreamy on and perfectly fine to wear in our mild winter with a merino underneath and a cardigan on chilly mornings.


You can get your free Grainline Studio Hemlock pattern HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment