Sunday, August 9, 2015

loving kombucha


The latest cookbook to come into my kitchen is Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions. I have seen copies in countless places over the years and finally have my own copy. 
There are so many diets and ways of eating people swear by these days, it's a bit dizzying and a little confusing. I know a super fit and healthy older couple who are so annoyed at themselves for following their doctor's advice to eat no fat. They didn't, for many many years, and have issues today because of following their expert's advice. That must be crazymaking for them to contemplate.

There's so much judgement around food right now. When asked what food regime I follow, I say I listen to my body. I have been vigilante on a few food bandwagons in the past. I am done with food regimes. I like listening to what my body needs.
I love the vitality of whole foods and organic homegrown produce. That is about as far as I am willing to define. 
I digress, I wanted to tell you about making kombucha. It's SO easy! Seriously. You have to try. I paid $15 a bottle at the organics store and my kombucha is so much nicer. That's where the Nourishing Traditions cookbook came in, I use Sally Fallon's recipe. There's an online version over HERE
I am not a big alcohol drinker and having a glass of kombucha feels like such a treat in the evening. I have been known to bring along a bottle to social events. Yup, I am that person. Happily so. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment