Thursday, August 27, 2015

mandalas and flowers


It's been a big week with some grumpiness in the house, a migraine, a new baby in the world (Jed has a new cousin, whoop!), big talks with friends going through hard times and luckily, lots of sunshine. 

Some things are just good for the soul. We've been doing a few of those. Walking on the beach, sitting in patches of sun, laughing a lot. We've never been into colouring in. In the smaller person's words, 'What's the point? I'd rather do my own designs'. But Jed got this amazing mandala colouring book for his birthday and we're loving creating mandalas in the evenings. Jed's one in the centre there is finished now and it's my favourite. There is something so peaceful about sitting together working with colour and form. 


Jed came back from an early morning bike ride with these beautiful flowers for me. He arranged them specially. They bring a smile to my face every time I see them on the table. So sunny!
There will be cold days to come but all of a sudden it feels like we're on the upswing to Spring. All that bright yellow is so welcome.

PS: I haven't forgotten about posting more content and resources from the nature as Teacher workshop. I will, I will! There are more workshops in Auckland to announce shortly too. Stay tuned. (And feel free to nag me by email more) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment