Wednesday, September 2, 2015

my 70's sewing jag


So, I mentioned about my 70's sewing jag. You've seen the culottes. Here's the jumpsuit! It's the Sallie pattern from indie designer, Heather Lou, under her label Closet Case Patterns. You can check it out HERE. It has pockets! I love a good pocket. A mama needs something to keep special stones, acorns and other special treasures in.
A friend had given me metres and metres of a drapey jersey she's used as a wrap for her babies when they were small so that's what I used for the muslin. It's super soft and a beautiful warm brown.


The jumpsuit came together really easily. I sewed it in tiny pieces of time during a busy week. A seam here and a seam there and by the end of the week, tada! The original pattern has a deep vee back but I drafted a higher coverage neckline and shortened the leg to fit me. I am looking forward to warmer weather so I can wear this garment. It's so soft and feels like wearing pyjama's but with a belt and a necklace and shoes actually looks pretty classy. I have another one cut out in a heavier black jersey. The design really needs a good draping fabric to work so we'll see how that goes. I need to be able to climb trees and this jersey wouldn't last a day with my sort of hard wearing shenanigans!



No comments:

Post a Comment