Wednesday, March 30, 2016
an advanced version
It took us a few days to build this one. The satisfaction was huge when we'd finished. It was the first build using the motor. That was exciting. There was great fanfare as we switched the motor on. And super disappointing to not be able to get the tracks moving. I tried and tried. I discovered I can get a bit obsessive trying to problem solve, ahem.
In the end I put out a call for help. Big thanks to Michael down the road who took a break from his work and solved the problem.
In case it's not obvious, the ball bearings travel down the tracks then sit in line and are picked up by a magnet which carries it up to the top and starts the ball bearing down the track again. Endlessly entertaining!