Sunday, October 2, 2016

munro


How fabulous are these jocks?! 
There are three pairs, but one pair went on straight away and you know, it didn't seem right to take 'em off to take a photo. Ahem.
This colourful lot arrived in my mailbox last week. I saw Munro underwear in a store window at Christchurch airport when I was waiting for my flight home after a meeting. Turns out it's my nephew's dad and his partner's business. Small world here in little ole NZ. 


Munro jocks are made using scraps from other clothing manufacturers. They use fabric bits and bobs that would otherwise be in the bin. I love any upcycling. They're super duper comfy. Perfect for wearing with high waisted clothing and dresses. They sort of hug the tum. And they're sort of a wonder woman meets Marimekko look. These folks make men's and women's underwear and socks. I got tired of buying the store bought ones - they don't last well. Thunderpants and Munro underwear are the best I have tried so far. I have Heidi Klum and other deliciousness for when I feel like ramping it up in the underwear department but I love the fun of the Munro's. You can check them out HERE.


Plus, the lovelies added a pair of their merino god socks to my package. Dreamy. Love the design and colours and they're perfect with the gumboots or clogs. But let's face it, the gumboots get more wear these days. Working from the home office, the term 'office wear' becomes a wholly flexible thing. 
(And no, not a cent changed hands for this post. I ordered the unders...I just like to support good stuff and let you know about it. x)


5 comments:

  1. Oh what fun. I can see that they are just your thing, Anissa. I could get tempted myself. And the socks are fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! They are fun. I needed some bright colours in my world. x

      Delete
  2. Those Munro jocks look amazing and so marimekko as you say . I am keen to investigate further !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! They are fabulous! And so nice to support good people. x

      Delete
    2. Do it! They are fabulous! And so nice to support good people. x

      Delete