Friday, April 28, 2017

Office on the beach


I have gotten out of the habit of taking my flash camera around with me. This is both good and bad. Good because it means I hide behind it less and am more in the moment rather than thinking about capturing it in an image. Bad because my smartphone camera quality is not nearly as good and there are large gaps of cool stuff happening that remain in our heads. So yeah - sorry about the crappy quality photos, but you get the idea. x

Yesterday was the last day of the school holidays. Every holidays people ask me if we take time off too. Answer? Hell yes! 
We had the best week of weather. It's been a wild and wet summer, and in between work commitments we were out there drinking it in this week. 
Yesterday we picked up one of Jed's friends and went straight to our beach. We took marbles and headed for the sand dunes. The boys spent hours digging elaborate tunnels and marble runs in the sand cliffs. The dog spent hours digging a larger version with his beloved tennis ball and I got to field emails, make some calls and read the latest issue of Organic NZ Magazine. Although I am editorial assistant for the magazine I don't get to see the whole thing until it lands in the mailbox. It's always an occasion when it arrives. As far as offices go, it was pretty good. A flask of coffee would have tipped it to this side of perfect. We capped off the expedition with a visit to the big rope swing behind our house. I am really not sure what we would do if we lived in the city. Spend more money that's for sure.


1 comment:

  1. The dog is looking quite sweet and cute while reading the magazine. Its looking like he really is reading it and getting the magazine also.:p Nice capture dude

    ReplyDelete