Sunday, October 1, 2017

Expectations


We've had the craziest of weather lately. Hail, wild winds, rain, rain and more rain. The tiniest bit of warmth and peek of sunshine and everyone is all smiles and so grateful. Last summer we hardly swam at our beach because the weather was crap and the wind kept us at the waterfall or the streams. Fingers crossed for a good summer this year. 
Today I had plans to go to the Coatesville market to see the lovely Rhiannon from Toast Clothing Studio but a combination of migraine, the aforementioned super crap weather and a kid who just wanted to curl up on the couch with hot water bottles, his book and Xbox meant we didn't leave the house. I made my peace with that about 2o'clock and managed to ease into the day. 
I tried out a new recipe, drank many cups of tea, finished a job application, worked on a project I'm about to launch, and fondled some fabric in anticipation of a summer sewing project. It's been so long since we had a lazy Sunday. I even squeezed in some writing time. Once I let go of expectations about the day, it was perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment